Safe Space Policy
By attending spaces run by the Lincolnshire LGBT Plus+ NHS Patient User Group, both in person and online, you agree to abide by the following safe space policy. You can also expect such spaces to be managed according to the following safe space criteria which protects people on the grounds of (but not limited to) gender identity, sexuality, age, ethnicity, religion or belief, ability or disability, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, or class.
All members must respect the rights of other members to keep their identity confidential. This primarily means not disclosing the identity of any member to any non-members, or discussing issues that will imply a person’s membership or personal details (such as sexuality, gender identity, disability or religion) in front of non-members. Members are reminded that accidental outing on all social networks (including through pictures, statuses and any other form) is included in this policy.
All members have the right to enjoy meetings and social gatherings without fear of discrimination, prejudice based on ethnicity, sexuality, nationality, class, age, gender identity, gender presentation, language, ability or disability, asylum status, political or religious affiliation will not be tolerated. In order to achieve this we ask that every member pay attention to their conduct and behaviour and show respect to others to ensure meetings and social gatherings are a safe, supportive and inclusive environment.
Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Prejudice, hate-speech, discrimination and identity-policing are forbidden. The forms which such behaviour may take include (but is not limited to):
- language or action which is offensive based on a persons ethnicity, sexuality, nationality, class, age, gender identity, gender presentation, language, ability or disability, asylum status, political or religious affiliation,
- Persistent, unwanted or unnecessary invasive questions,
- undermining someone’s identity (e.g. through intentional or repeated mis-gendering/incorrect use of pronouns, intentional or repeated use of incorrect sexuality, race, class, marital/civil partnership status),
- personal attacks, be they verbal or physical,
- swearing or disrespectful language used at others.
Facebook group posts can also be reported using the ‘Report to Admin’ button.